Vegas World VIP Membership includes:
- VIP Icon next to the avatar's name. (This icon may be changed to a 'custom' icon for 20 Gems.)
- Ability to host "Megaparty" Events where all of Vegas World may be invited.
- VIP Card Coin bonus. Once per month, on the monthly anniversary of your VIP membership*, a Coin rebate is provided based on your wagers over the previous month.
- A special VIP Charm is awarded on the 1st of each month.
- Additional Profile background color options.
* For monthly subscribers, the VIP Card Coins are awarded following a successful membership renewal. For players who's monthly anniversary falls on the 28th, 29th, 30th, or 31st of the month, on shorter months the renewal will occur on the last day of the month.
VIP Membership and Gems
- Players who purchase the Yearly membership option get a single award of 1800 Gems at the time the membership is purchased (No monthly Gems are awarded for this type of membership.)
- Players who purchase a monthly subscription get 150 Gems per month (awarded each month following a successful subscription renewal.)
- VIP membership Passes purchased with Gems do NOT come with Gems awards.
Currently the only subscription option for Vegas World is the monthly VIP subscription. Subscriptions include automatic billing which will renew automatically each month on your monthly membership anniversary. Yearly memberships do not renew automatically.
VIP subscriptions can be deactivated in the User Settings section of your Vegas World account.
Select "Account Settings" in the upper right corner of the screen.
Choose "User Settings" from the drop down menu. (Make sure the User Settings tab is selected.)
Scroll down to find the "Cancel Subscription" button. It will only be displayed if you have an active subscription.
When you click the "Cancel Subscription" button the game will send a notice to your security Email. Find that Email and click the enclosed link to cancel your subscription.
It sounds like a lot, but it really only takes a minute.
If players prefer, they can contact Vegas World support by Email or the support page and request the Vegas World staff deactivate the subscription. Please provide the account's avatar name and login Email so we know we're stopping the correct subscription.